Monday, October 5, 2009

This piece is a 4.25 x 6 x 4.25 3Dimensional ceramic piece and painted with acrylics created by Ken Price.
This piece is very geometrically cut on the outside of the piece, and painted very neatly in dark gray and red
acrylic paint.
This ceramic at first did not catch my interest at all, but the more that I looked at it the more i started to like
it. For a piece that seemingly so simple there is so much to look at. Each angled cut on its outside creates a
different value In contrast to the side next to it. Each side is so precisely cut and so clean that, for me, creates
a sense of machine made accuracy rather than hand made precision. Which in my eyes makes the overall piece
far more impressive.
The craft is incredible and the overall aesthetic is very pleasing to the eye, even though at first glance I
thought I thought it was too ordinary.
P.S. Note the image shown is not the actual work I am talking about, but similar to the one I have talked about.

P.S., P.S. The piece above is also created by Ken Price.
(image taken from www.contemporaryartdaily.com/2008/11/ken-price-at-franklin-parrasch)

No comments:

Post a Comment